When Kids In Third World Countries Read First World Problems, They Suddenly Don’t Feel Like Problems
Latest from CEPA User
- Media Fellowship Programme to probe many facets of Poverty
- Hit by Extreme Weather, South Asia Balances Growth and Food Security
- ‘Refugee Nation’ – imagining a new state for the world’s refugees
- අපි couple එකක් නොවේ: නිදහස් අවකාශය සහ තහනම් ආදරය
- Gayan Prageeth's "Extravagance" - A Portrayal of Sri Lanka's Political Carnival
The video clearly shows the massive difference between the first world and the third world in an ironical fashion. It gives the message that while people from the first world fret over petty things, there are also people in another part of the world who have serious problems such as having no clean water to drink or enough food to eat. The title of the video says “When kids in third world countries read first world problems, they suddenly don’t feel like real problems”. Problems such as the leather seat feeling cold in winter are not serious problems compared to that of a child who shivers in the cold but has no proper clothes to wear. While there are people who don’t want “pickle” in their food there are also people who have no proper food to eat. This, however, is the reality of the world we live in. Those blessed with luxury are still not happy with what they have and those with no luxury at all yearn for a better living.