Glimpses of the Reimagining Development Art and Essay Competition 2014
Latest from CEPA User
- Media Fellowship Programme to probe many facets of Poverty
- Hit by Extreme Weather, South Asia Balances Growth and Food Security
- ‘Refugee Nation’ – imagining a new state for the world’s refugees
- අපි couple එකක් නොවේ: නිදහස් අවකාශය සහ තහනම් ආදරය
- Gayan Prageeth's "Extravagance" - A Portrayal of Sri Lanka's Political Carnival
"සංවර්ධනය සහ මිනිස්කම" (පාරිසරික සහ ජනහිතකාමී හෙටක් පිලිබඳ මගේ සිහිනය) was an island wide art and essay competition organized by CEPA's Reimagining Development initiative in collaboration with Lakbima Newspapers Private Limited. The aim of the competition was to encourage the youth of Sri Lanka to build up their own vision of development through the medium of art and writing. The competition which began in the first week of January concluded on the 31st of March 2014, with CEPA receiving over 200 essays and 250 paintings from all over the island.
This short documentary provides a glimpse of the creative artwork that was submitted for the competition and looks at some of the inspiring quotes that were written in the essays, in an attempt to carry forward the notion of 'reimagining development' to a larger audience.