Latest from CEPA User
- Media Fellowship Programme to probe many facets of Poverty
- Hit by Extreme Weather, South Asia Balances Growth and Food Security
- ‘Refugee Nation’ – imagining a new state for the world’s refugees
- අපි couple එකක් නොවේ: නිදහස් අවකාශය සහ තහනම් ආදරය
- Gayan Prageeth's "Extravagance" - A Portrayal of Sri Lanka's Political Carnival
This month we will be featuring articles written by Joseph Stiglitz who is the 4th most influential economist in the world today.
A professor at Columbia University, he was the recipient of the John Bates Clark Medal in 1979 and the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 2001. He was the former senior and the Vice President and chief economist of the World Bank, and is a former member, and Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers. In the year 2011 he was named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Stiglitz's work focuses on income distribution, asset risk management, corporate governance, and international trade. He is best known for his critical views on globalization, free- market economists and some international institutions like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. He is the author of ten books, with his latest, The Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers our Future (2012), hitting The New York Times best seller list.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.